About me and this blog

Hi. I'm Živa. Yes, I know my name is weird, I'm from Slovenia. Don't worry, I know you don't know where it is, nobody does, anyway.

I never thought I'd be doing that. Writing a blog. I always hated writing essays and articles and blogposts in school, and I was never great at it either. But I guess things are changing, and all the weekly 2000 words long essays I have written in the last year and a half at university have taught me both how to write and how to enjoy it.

So, the decision of creating a blog was a bit rushed and I didn't really consider the fact that I will have to come up with a name. The best I could think of (for now, at least), was Speaking Silence. Why, you ask? I have always been a quiet person, keeping for myself and often feeling kind of invisible, as if nobody ever noticed me (with which I was, honestly, mostly quite happy about). Lately, however, I started to realise that I do have things to say - opinions to share about my experiences or things I've read or heard about. Therefore, I will start speaking, or, to be more precise, writing. That is still easier than speaking for a person like me.

A bit about me: I'm a 20 years old Biology student at Oxford, and as I am here from my passion for ecology and conservation biology you will hear quite a bit of my thoughts on that topic, as well as nature in general, as the love for it is probably what defines me the most (although I have a bunch of other hobbies as well). Besides that, I think most posts will just be on random topics that stimulate me (right now I seem to have a supply of them, let's see how it goes).

I think this is everything for now, let the challenge begin!

Comments

Popular Posts